Plan your Visit
TRANSIT MUSEUM DOWNTOWN BROOKLYN
The Transit Museum is located in a decommissioned subway station at the corner of Boerum Place and Schermerhorn Street in Downtown Brooklyn and accessible by over 20 bus and subway lines. The entrance to the Museum is down two flights of stairs. A second, wheelchair-accessible entrance is located on the corner of Schermerhorn and Court Streets.
Tuesday-Friday: 10am – 4pm
Saturday & Sunday: 11am – 5pm
Closed Mondays and major holidays
* The Transit Museum in Downtown Brooklyn will be closed Sunday, December 25 – Monday, December 26 and Sunday, January 1 – Monday, January 2.
Children (2-17) $5
Seniors 62+ $5, free on Wednesdays
Museum Members free
* The Transit Museum offers free admission to MTA employees, Cool Culture Family Pass holders, and active duty military personnel, as well as to members of institutions worldwide that participate in the ASTC and Time Travelers programs.
* Children under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
* Please note that the Transit Museum is located in a historic decommissioned subway station and only some areas have a controlled climate.
GRAND CENTRAL GALLERY ANNEX & STORE
Don’t miss our Gallery Annex of rotating exhibits and retail store in Grand Central Terminal! Located just off the Main Concourse in the Shuttle Passage, adjacent to the Station Masters’ Office. The Terminal’s Main Concourse is accessible by wheelchair from both Lexington Avenue and 42nd Street. It is not accessible from Vanderbilt Avenue.
Monday – Friday: 8am – 8pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10am – 6pm
* The Grand Central Gallery Annex & Store will be closed Sunday, December 25 and Sunday, January 1.