Plan your Visit
TRANSIT MUSEUM DOWNTOWN BROOKLYN
The Transit Museum is located in a decommissioned subway station at the corner of Boerum Place and Schermerhorn Street in Downtown Brooklyn and accessible by over 20 bus and subway lines. The entrance to the Museum is down two flights of stairs. A second, wheelchair-accessible entrance is located on the corner of Schermerhorn and Court Streets.
Tuesday-Friday: 10am – 4pm
Saturday & Sunday: 11am – 5pm
Closed Mondays and major holidays
Children (2-17) $5
Seniors 62+ $5, Seniors are free on Wednesdays (excludes senior group visits)
Museum Members free
* The Transit Museum offers free admission to MTA employees, Cool Culture Family Pass holders, and active duty military personnel, as well as to members of institutions worldwide that participate in the ASTC and Time Travelers programs.
* Children ages 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
* Please note that the Transit Museum is located in a historic decommissioned subway station and only some areas have a controlled climate.
* Photography and video recording are permitted at the Transit Museum, but may not interfere with the experience of other visitors. Tripods, stands, selfie sticks, external lights, and props may not be used. All photographs taken are for personal use only and permission to photograph may be revoked at any time.
* Museum visitors are welcome to bring refreshments to enjoy in our Lunch Room, but due to capacity considerations, group gatherings or parties in this public space are prohibited.
GRAND CENTRAL GALLERY ANNEX & STORE
Don’t miss our Gallery Annex of rotating exhibits and retail store in Grand Central Terminal! Located just off the Main Concourse in the Shuttle Passage, adjacent to the Station Masters’ Office. The Terminal’s Main Concourse is accessible by wheelchair from both Lexington Avenue and 42nd Street. It is not accessible from Vanderbilt Avenue.
Monday – Friday: 8am – 8pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10am – 6pm
Closed for special events and major holidays.
NY TRANSIT MUSEUM STORE AT 2 BROADWAY
Located just across the street from the Bowling Green subway station, the NY Transit Museum Store at 2 Broadway in Lower Manhattan features products ranging from stylish apparel and accessories to must-have collectibles and transit memorabilia. Become a member and get 10% off all your purchases!
Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 6:30pm
Closed weekends and major holidays.
Did you know you can also shop the NY Transit Museum Store online at NYTransitMuseumStore.com?