While our locations are closed because of Covid-19, Transit Museum members’ generosity is crucial to maintaining our subway station home, our collections, and our programming. The Museum will re-open as soon as it is safe and sustainable to do so. Until then, members enjoy free access to our online resources, special invitations to virtual events, and discounts in our online store, plus reciprocal admission to science and history museums worldwide.
We truly appreciate your support, and we will see you, safely, soon!
as of January 1, 2021
- Free access to Digital Discussions
- 10% discount on purchases at nytransitmuseumstore.com**
- Reciprocal admission at participating history and science museums worldwide via the ASTC Passport Program and Time Travelers
- Special virtual invitations and promotions throughout Members Appreciation Month
- Special acknowledgement of long-term members through our Member Milestones program
Additional Benefits upon Reopening
Date To Be Determined
- Unlimited visits
- Members-only exhibit previews and events
- Priority booking privileges for Museum tours and excursions
- Access to Member Mornings, First Sundays
- ADD ADMISSION FOR A CAREGIVER > $30*
- ADD ADMISSION FOR A CHILD (Age 2-17) > $10
* For individuals with severe disabilities who wish to purchase memberships, the Museum will waive the caregiver fee and add a PCA to the membership at no charge. Contact the Membership Office at [email protected] or (718) 694-3451 for more details or to add a PCA.
General Membership Levels
($175 is tax deductible)
- All membership benefits, plus:
- Free Museum admission for 4 designated adults with up to 6 children
- 6 guest passes
- Invitations to Curator-led tours
- Exclusive Director’s Circle priority pre-sale booking for tours and excursions
- Listing in the Annual Report
Want to learn more about Transit Museum membership? Email us.
*Please note all memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.
** Discount is valid on purchases over $10, excluding limited edition merchandise.
Transit Museum members currently receive free general admission, with proof of Transit Museum membership, to:
- The New York Hall of Science in Queens
- The Staten Island Children’s Museum
- The Newark Museum
- The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum (Family level memberships and above only – must provide valid photo ID and caregiver cards are not accepted.)
- The Brooklyn Children’s Museum (3rd Sat and subsequent Sun of each month only)
The Transit Museum also participates in two programs, ASTC Passport Program and Time Travelers, that offer free or reduced-price general admission for Transit Museum members at institutions and museums throughout the US and abroad.
Please note that reciprocal benefits are at the discretion of the offering institution and subject to change without notice. We recommend contacting a specific institution to confirm benefits, opening hours and Covid-related closure information before your visit.