We are thrilled to announce the New York Transit Museum in Downtown Brooklyn will open for Museum Members only on Friday, August 13th!
As a Transit Museum member, you’ll enjoy exclusive benefits, behind-the-scenes access to the transit system, and the opportunity to explore our expansive collections. Memberships last for one year from the month of purchase, and are available in a variety of levels. Frequently Asked Membership Questions
To learn about our new policies and procedures, visit this page.
- Unlimited visits – reserve tickets here! Advance tickets and masks required for admission.
- Members-only exhibit previews and events
- Free or discounted tickets for upcoming programs
- 10% discount on Transit Museum Store purchases**
- Reciprocal admission at participating history and science museums worldwide via the ASTC Passport Program and Time Travelers
- Special virtual invitations and promotions throughout Members Appreciation Month
- Special acknowledgement of long-term members through our Member Milestones program
- ADD ADMISSION FOR A CAREGIVER > $30*
- ADD ADMISSION FOR A CHILD (Age 2-17) > $10
* For individuals with severe disabilities who wish to purchase memberships, the Museum will waive the caregiver fee and add a PCA to the membership at no charge. Contact the Membership Office at [email protected] or (718) 694-3451 for more details or to add a PCA.
General Membership Levels
Want to learn more about Transit Museum membership? Email us.
*Please note all memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.
** Discount is valid on purchases over $10, excluding limited edition merchandise.
Transit Museum members currently receive free general admission, with proof of Transit Museum membership, to:
- The New York Hall of Science in Queens
- The Staten Island Children’s Museum
- The Newark Museum
- The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum (Family level memberships and above only – must provide valid photo ID and caregiver cards are not accepted.)
- The Brooklyn Children’s Museum (3rd Sat and subsequent Sun of each month only)
The Transit Museum also participates in two programs, ASTC Passport Program and Time Travelers, that offer free or reduced-price general admission for Transit Museum members at institutions and museums throughout the US and abroad.
Please note that reciprocal benefits are at the discretion of the offering institution and subject to change without notice. We recommend contacting a specific institution to confirm benefits, opening hours and Covid-related closure information before your visit.