Plan your Visit
TRANSIT MUSEUM DOWNTOWN BROOKLYN
The Transit Museum is located in a decommissioned subway station at 99 Schermerhorn Street Brooklyn, NY 11201, and accessible by over 20 bus and subway lines. The entrance to the Museum is down two flights of stairs. A second, wheelchair-accessible entrance is located on the corner of Schermerhorn and Court Streets.
Tuesday-Friday: 10am – 4pm
Saturday & Sunday: 11am – 5pm
Closed Mondays and major holidays*
Children (2-17): $5
Seniors 62+: $5, Free on Wednesdays (Excludes groups of 5 or more – click here to make a Group Reservation)
Visitors with Disabilities: $5 with MTA Reduced-Fare MetroCard, MTA Reduced-Fare Easy Pay Card, Access-a-Ride Card, Able-Ride Card, Para-transit Card, or Suffolk County Accessible Transportation (SCAT) Card. (Excludes groups of 5 or more – click here to make a Group Reservation)
Museum Members: FREE
* The Transit Museum offers free admission to MTA employees, Cool Culture Family Pass holders, and active duty military personnel, as well as to members of institutions worldwide that participate in the ASTC and Time Travelers programs.
* Children ages 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
* Please note that the Transit Museum is located in a historic decommissioned subway station and only some areas have a controlled climate.
* Photography and video recording are permitted at the Transit Museum, but may not interfere with the experience of other visitors. Tripods, stands, selfie sticks, external lights, and props may not be used. All photographs taken are for personal use only and permission to photograph may be revoked at any time.
* Museum visitors are welcome to bring refreshments to enjoy in our Lunch Room, but due to capacity considerations, group gatherings or parties in this public space are prohibited.
GRAND CENTRAL GALLERY ANNEX & STORE
Don’t miss our Gallery Annex of rotating exhibits and retail store in Grand Central Terminal! Located just off the Main Concourse in the Shuttle Passage, adjacent to the Station Masters’ Office. The Terminal’s Main Concourse is accessible by wheelchair from both Lexington Avenue and 42nd Street. It is not accessible from Vanderbilt Avenue.
Monday – Friday: 8am – 8pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10am – 6pm
Closed for special events and major holidays*
NY TRANSIT MUSEUM STORE AT 2 BROADWAY [TEMPORARILY CLOSED]
We’re moving three doors down! The New York Transit Museum Store at 2 Broadway is temporarily closed while we relocate. Stay tuned for details on the re-opening of our Lower Manhattan retail location.
Did you know you can also shop the NY Transit Museum Store online at NYTransitMuseumStore.com?