Plan your Visit
TRANSIT MUSEUM DOWNTOWN BROOKLYN
The Transit Museum is located in a decommissioned subway station at 99 Schermerhorn Street Brooklyn, NY 11201, and accessible by over 20 bus and subway lines. The entrance to the Museum is down two flights of stairs. A second, wheelchair-accessible entrance is located on the corner of Schermerhorn and Court Streets.
Tuesday-Friday: 10am – 4pm
Saturday & Sunday: 11am – 5pm
Closed Mondays and major holidays*
* The New York Transit Museum in Downtown Brooklyn will be closed for Independence Day on Thursday, July 4th.
Children (2-17): $5
Seniors 62+: $5, Free on Wednesdays (Excludes groups of 5 or more – click here to make a Group Reservation)
Visitors with Disabilities: $5 with MTA Reduced-Fare MetroCard, MTA Reduced-Fare Easy Pay Card, Access-a-Ride Card, Able-Ride Card, Para-transit Card, or Suffolk County Accessible Transportation (SCAT) Card. (Excludes groups of 5 or more – click here to make a Group Reservation)
Museum Members: FREE
* The Transit Museum offers free admission to MTA employees, Cool Culture Family Pass holders, and active duty military personnel, as well as to members of institutions worldwide that participate in the ASTC and Time Travelers programs.
* Please click here to read our photography/video policy.
* Children ages 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
* Please note that the Transit Museum is located in a historic decommissioned subway station and only some areas have a controlled climate.
* Museum visitors are welcome to bring refreshments to enjoy in our Lunch Room, but due to capacity considerations, group gatherings or parties in this public space are prohibited.
GRAND CENTRAL GALLERY & STORE
Don’t miss our gallery of rotating exhibits and retail store in Grand Central Terminal! Located just off the Main Concourse in the Shuttle Passage, adjacent to the Station Masters’ Office. The Terminal’s Main Concourse is accessible by wheelchair from both Lexington Avenue and 42nd Street. It is not accessible from Vanderbilt Avenue.
Monday – Friday: 8am – 8pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10am – 7pm
Closed for special events and major holidays
**Note that strollers are not permitted in the Gallery Annex & Store. Additionally, Grand Central Terminal does not permit unattended strollers. Please consider leaving your strollers at home.
NY TRANSIT MUSEUM SHOP AT 2 BROADWAY
Located just across the street from the Bowling Green subway station, the NY Transit Museum Store at 2 Broadway in Lower Manhattan will re-open on October 29, 2018. Become a member or show your MTA employee pass to get 10% off all your purchases!
Monday – Friday: 10am – 5pm
Closed for special events and major holidays*
Did you know you can also shop the NY Transit Museum Store online at NYTransitMuseumStore.com?