Holiday Nostalgia Rides
This holiday season, we continue the tradition of placing our vintage train cars in regular service every Sunday between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
On Sunday, November 27th, December 4th, 11th and 18th, our beloved Train of Many Colors will operate along the 1 line, making express stops on the local track between the Chambers St and 137th St – City College St stations, from 10am to 5:30pm. Don’t miss your chance to travel through time – for just the cost of a MetroCard swipe or OMNY tap!
The Holiday Nostalgia Train will travel along a new route this year! Vintage train rides will depart from the Chambers St and 137th St-City College stations.
The Holiday Nostalgia Train will make express stops on the local 1 line track between Chambers St and 137 St-City College:
- Chambers St
- 14 St
- 34 St-Penn Station (Train will stop on the local 1 line platform.)
- Times Sq-42 St
- 59 St-Columbus Circle
- 72 St
- 96 St
- 125 St (For uptown trains – last opportunity to return downtown or transfer)
- 137 St-City College (No in system transfer at this station)
To view available transfers and ADA accessible stations on the 1 line, please visit the MTA’s website.
The Holiday Nostalgia Train departs Chambers St Station on the 1 line at:
The Holiday Nostalgia Train departs 137th St Station on the 1 line at:
TRAIN OF MANY COLORS:
The Train of Many Colors includes a selection of cars manufactured in the 1960s: the R-33, R-33WF and R-36 cars. With “Tartar Red” and “Gunn Red” redbirds, Kale Green “Green Machines”, blue-and-silver “Platinum Mist” and the striking two-tone robin’s egg blue and cream “Bluebird” paint schemes, the festive Holiday Nostalgia Train represents several different eras in New York City subway history.
Equipment is subject to change.
- All passengers must deboard the train at 137th Street and Chambers Street Stations before the next trip. There is no in system uptown/downtown transfer at 137th Street Station. To return downtown, the best transfer point is at 125th Street Station.
- Masks are encouraged, but not required on vintage trains.
- All Holiday Nostalgia Rides are weather permitting.
- Timing, routes, and equipment are subject to change.