Celebrate your child’s next birthday party at the Transit Museum! Led by the Museum’s enthusiastic and skilled Education staff, our parties for children 3 and up bring to life over 100 years of transit lore.
TIMEOUT NEW YORK KIDS says we’re the “perfect place to throw your kid’s bash.” So join us in the bus driver’s seat, stroll along a platform of vintage cars and swipe through the birthday turnstile for a party your child will never forget!
Please note that Birthday Parties are fully booked through June 2017. Click here to fill out a Birthday Party request form and check availability for your preferred date.
All parties include:
- Two Museum staff members, dedicated exclusively to your party and your guests
- Exclusive use of our lunchroom and education cente
- A special, kid- and adult-friendly interactive guided tour or Scavenger Hunt of the Museum
- Craft activity (see “Activities” below for more information)
- Set-up and clean-up assistance
- A 10% discount for current Museum members. Non-members will receive a year-long Family membership, so you can continue to enjoy the Transit Museum all year long!
Your party includes up to 30 guests, in any combination of children or adults. For any additional guests, you will be asked to pay $10 per person.
$525 (Current Museum Members: $472.50)
Saturdays and Sundays from 10:30AM – 12:00PM or 2:00 – 3:30PM
Parties are 90 minutes and include time for cake in our party space.
$650 (Current Museum Members: $585)
Saturdays and Sundays from 10:30AM – 12:30PM or 2:00 – 4:00PM
Parties are 2 hours and include enough time in our party space for both pizza and cake!
All parties are followed by a 15 minute clean up period, after which guests are escorted from the party area. You may remain in the Museum to enjoy our other exhibitions.
Cakes or cupcakes and beverages for Express Parties and additional food, such as pizza, bagels or platters for Local Parties may be purchased from vendors of your choice. The Museum also has a list of local, recommended vendors for your consideration. Alcoholic beverages including beer and wine are prohibited at children’s parties.
Your party will include a craft activity led by the Museum’s Education staff.
- Design A Vehicle: your guests will craft plain boxes into fun, colorful buses and trains, with wheels that really roll!
- Miles of Tiles: kids will create their own mosaics, inspired by art on subway platforms and by their own imaginations!
In lieu of a guided tour of our subway cars, you can choose the Scavenger Hunt option, where your kids can explore the vintage trains on our platform, seeking out designs and details from past eras! (*for party guests who are at an early reading level or higher)
Not included in the cost of your party are paper goods or party favors. A $50 Party Pack is available, and includes napkins, plates, cups, forks and spoons, tablecloths and decorations. You may also contact the Museum Store to purchase party favors or put together transit-themed goody bags.
Make Your Reservation!
Click here to fill out a Birthday Party request form and check availability for your preferred date.
A non-refundable $100 deposit is required to hold your requested date.
Parties rebooked less than three weeks in advance of the original booking date are subject to a $75 rebooking fee.