HOW TO BUY MEMBERS’ TICKETS
The New York Transit Museum is not currently offering in-person tours. Please visit nytransitmuseum.org/programs to learn about upcoming virtual programs.
- Tours are currently sold out. Sign up for our e-newsletter to find out about tickets and tour dates first.
- For specific questions about Old City Hall tour tickets, click here.
- Click here to browse our upcoming programs and excursions. Click the Buy Tickets button to get to the ticketing page of your selected tour or program.
- Members may buy as many tickets as there are people covered by their membership. For example, to buy two tour tickets, you’ll need a Dual/Dual Plus membership or higher. See the chart below for a full list of ticket allowances for each level. Please note that Child tickets on Family level membership and higher are only for youths ages 10 – 17. Children under 10 are not permitted on the Old City Hall tour or many of our Behind-the-Scenes tours. Please note: Museum guest passes, special caregiver and child add-ons are valid only for Museum admission, not special tours.
Instructions for Purchasing Tickets:
- On the ticketing page, click the Sign In button on the top right. Sign in with your email address and password. You can request a password reset if you’ve forgotten it.
- Don’t worry if you don’t see the price adjust after signing in – the lower member price will appear on the final checkout page where you enter payment details.
- Select the number of tickets you want and enter attendee information.
- Click the large Register button to proceed to your cart.
- Your cart page will now show the member price. You do not need to enter a discount code. Make sure your billing information is correct, then click Check Out.
- Enter your credit card information. Click Pay Now to complete your purchase.
- After you place the order, you’ll get an email receipt confirming your purchase.
- Reservations for behind-the-scenes tours of restricted sites (including Old City Hall station) are not confirmed until the Museum receives a signed release form and a copy of a government-issued ID for you and any guests. Your email receipt will have instructions for this. All attendees must submit this paperwork within 72 hours of ticket purchase. If we do not receive it by the stated deadline, your reservation will be canceled and you will not receive a refund.
- There are no printed tickets for any Transit Museum tour. Your tour leader will have your and your guests’ names on a list.
- You will receive an email the week of the tour reminding you where to meet.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour departure time to check in with Transit Museum staff. Your name will be on the check in list – we’ll handle everything from there.
- Enjoy the tour!
All ticket sales are final. Should you be unable to attend the tour on the date you reserved, the full price of unused tickets may be treated as a donation to the Transit Museum and is tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. The Museum is not able to reschedule reservations to another tour date.