Make a Gift
Support the Transit Museum!
The New York Transit Museum is dedicated to telling and preserving the stories of mass transportation — the extraordinary engineering feats, skilled workers, transformed communities, and ever-evolving technology, design, and ridership of a system that runs 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
In 2018, the Transit Museum:
- Welcomed 531,335 visitors to our locations in Downtown Brooklyn and Grand Central Terminal
- Served 32,996 students and teachers with STEAM-based field trip programs for school and camp groups
- Welcomed 18,883 people for weekend activity workshops and beloved community events
- Served 3,950 children, adults, and caregivers with access programs for people with disabilities
- Brought 2,188 people on walks, excursions, Nostalgia Rides, and behind-the-scenes tours around the city
With your generosity, the New York Transit Museum can continue to provide: field trip fee waivers for New York City school groups, scholarships for our camp for neurodiverse teens, restoration of historic subway seats, and so much more!
Friends of the New York Transit Museum, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, was founded in 1995 to raise funds in support of New York Transit Museum activities. Contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.