As a Transit Museum member, you’ll enjoy exclusive benefits, behind-the-scenes access to the transit system, and the opportunity to explore our expansive collections. Memberships last for one year from the month of purchase, and are available in a variety of levels. Click here for frequently asked membership questions.
The next round of tickets for tours and excursions will go on sale to members on Wednesday, August 14th. Learn how to buy members’ tickets for tours and excursions here. For information on members-only tours of Old City Hall station, click here.
- Unlimited visits
- Members-only exhibit previews and events
- Priority booking privileges for Museum tours and excursions
- 10% discount for all Transit Museum Store purchases
- Reciprocal admission at participating history and science museums worldwide
- Member e-newsletter
- Access to periodic Member Mornings
- Special invitations and promotions throughout Members Appreciation Month
- Special acknowledgement of long-term members through our Member Milestones program
- ADD ADMISSION FOR A CAREGIVER > $30*
- ADD ADMISSION FOR A CHILD > $10
* For individuals with severe disabilities who wish to purchase memberships, the Museum will waive the caregiver fee and add a PCA to the membership at no charge. Contact the Membership Office at [email protected] or (718) 694-3451 for more details or to add a PCA.
General Membership Levels
($175 is tax deductible)
- All core benefits, plus:
- Free Museum admission for 4 designated adults with up to 6 children
- 6 guest passes
- Invitations to Curator-led tours
- Exclusive Director’s Circle priority pre-sale booking for tours and excursions
- Listing in the Annual Report
Want to learn more about Transit Museum membership? Email us.
*Please note all memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.
** Discount is valid at the New York Transit Museum stores (Downtown Brooklyn, Grand Central Terminal, 2 Broadway and online) on purchases over $10, excluding limited edition merchandise and MetroCard/EZPass.
*** Memberships that permit the purchase of more than one adult ticket for tours may substitute a non-member adult as the additional ticket-holder for a tour, when accompanied by a member. Adults may not be substituted for children on member-only tours.
One benefit of membership is the opportunity to get tickets for our members-only tours of the Old City Hall subway station and other historic sites. These tours go on sale several times a year, typically in January, April, and August. Tour tickets sell out extremely quickly. The next round of tickets for tours and excursions will go on sale to members on Wednesday, August 14th.
The Museum’s bi-weekly email newsletter is the best way to get updates about new tour dates and ticket sales! Sign up now. Members with email addresses will also be informed of upcoming events through the Museum’s bi-weekly News & Notes and the quarterly members’ e-newsletter.
Please note that members may purchase as many members-only tour tickets as there are people covered by their membership. If you wish to bring a friend on a members-only tour, you must be a Dual member or higher. Click here for answers to frequently asked questions about buying members’ tickets.
Transit Museum members currently receive free general admission, with proof of Transit Museum membership, to:
- The New York Hall of Science in Queens
- The Staten Island Children’s Museum
- The Newark Museum
- The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum (Family level memberships and above only – must provide valid photo ID and caregiver cards are not accepted.)
- The Brooklyn Children’s Museum (3rd Sat and subsequent Sun of each month only)
The Transit Museum also participates in two programs, ASTC Passport Program and Time Travelers, that offer free or reduced price general admission for Transit Museum members at institutions and museums throughout the US and abroad.
Please note that reciprocal benefits are at the discretion of the offering institution and subject to change without notice. We recommend contacting a specific institution to confirm benefits before your visit.