Relive the experience of traveling through New York City during the early, mid, and late twentieth century! Explore our hands-on collection of vintage subway and elevated cars and exhibits that share the rich story of public transportation. Discover the history, technology, design, and future of transportation with our expert staff.
Group tours are perfect for adults, active seniors, and college or university groups.
Moving the Millions
Discover the magnitude and complexity of New York City’s public transportation system by exploring elements of construction, social history, engineering, and impact over time in this introduction to transit history.
Ready to Ride
Offered for 6th graders through adults with developmental and/or learning disabilities, this program is an introduction to independent subway travel in the safe environment of our subway station museum. To see a video of the program in action, click here.To Book Your Trip, Please Click Here
Tour and Museum Information
- 75 minute tours available for groups of up to 25 participants
- Tours may be scheduled Tuesday through Friday at 12:45, 1:30 or 2:30pm
- Reservations are required for group visits. We recommend requesting your reservation at least two weeks in advance.
- Visit the museum gift shop before or after your tour
- The Museum is down two flights of stairs. Please notify us in advance if anyone in your group requires a wheelchair lift.
- For additional information about accessibility, please click here.
- Due to space constraints, self-guided groups are not permitted.
- Third parties are NOT permitted to lead groups through the Museum
Transit Museum tours are priced based on the number of participants. Your payment is due two weeks prior to your visit.
|Adults||$20 per person|
|College Groups||$15 per person|
|Seniors||$10 per person|
|Adults with Disabilities||$85 per group (up to 17 people)|
*Groups larger than 30 participants will be split into more than one group tour. Group minimum is 10 people, any groups smaller will be charged for 10 people.
For any additional information, please call (718) 694 – 1848 or email [email protected].