MTA Membership $40
Join the Museum that Tells YOUR Stories!
Founded in 1976 by New York City Transit volunteers, the New York Transit Museum in Downtown Brooklyn tells YOUR stories. You may know that MTA employees get free admission (for themselves) to the Museum’s subway station home on Schermerhorn Street & Boerum Place. Did you know that the Transit Museum also offers MTA employees and retirees a membership for the entire family for a special rate of $40?!
Yes! An MTA Family level membership (valued at $90) is available for only $40 and comes with great year-long benefits including:
- Free Museum Admission for 2 designated adults and to 4 children – reserve tickets here! – Advance tickets and masks are required;
- Discount on all Transit Museum Store purchases;
- Reciprocal admission at participating history and science museums including the Intrepid, Sea, Air & Space Museum and the New York Hall of Science in Queens;
- Priority booking privileges for Museum tours and excursions; and
- Special invitations to exhibit openings and programs, Members Appreciation Month, and much more!
Transit Museum members currently receive free general admission, with proof of Transit Museum membership, to:
- The New York Hall of Science in Queens
- The Staten Island Children’s Museum
- The Newark Museum
- The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum (MTA/Family level memberships and above only – must provide valid photo ID and caregiver cards are not accepted Valid for 2 adults and 2 children)
- The Brooklyn Children’s Museum (3rd Sat and subsequent Sun of each month only)
The Transit Museum also participates in two programs, ASTC Passport Program and Time Travelers, that offer free or reduced-price general admission for Transit Museum members at institutions and museums throughout the US and abroad.
Please note that reciprocal benefits are at the discretion of the offering institution and subject to change without notice. We recommend contacting a specific institution to confirm benefits, opening hours and Covid-related closure information before your visit.
Want to learn more about Transit Museum membership? Email us.
*Eligible for employees and retirees with proof of employment.
**Please note all memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.