Relive the experience of traveling through New York City during the early, mid, and late twentieth century! Explore our hands-on collection of vintage subway and elevated cars and exhibits that share the rich story of public transportation. Discover the history, technology, design, and future of transportation with our expert staff.
Group tours are perfect for adults, active seniors, and college or university groups.
Tour and Museum Information
- 90 minute tours available for groups of 10-30 participants
- Tours may be scheduled Tuesday through Friday at 1:30pm or 2:30pm
- Reservations are required for group visits. We recommend requesting your reservation at least two weeks in advance.
- Visit the museum gift shop before or after your tour
- Groups may bring lunch or refreshments to eat in our lunch room
- The Museum is down two flights of stairs. Please notify us in advance if anyone in your group requires a wheelchair lift.
- For additional information about accessibility, please click here.
- Due to space constraints, self-guided groups are not permitted.
To request a reservation, please complete an online request form.
Transit Museum tours are priced based on the number of participants. We offer special rates for senior groups.
|Group Participants||Adult & College Rate||Senior Rate|
|Up to 15||$125||$105|
|16 – 20||$175||$140|
|21 – 30*||$225||$210|
*Groups larger than 30 participants will be split into more than one group tour.
To request a reservation please complete an online request form. Once submitted, our Reservations Coordinator will contact you to schedule your visit. Please note a $50.00 deposit is required to secure your reservation.
For any additional information, please call (718) 694 – 1848 or email email@example.com.